PRIVACY, DATA PROTECTION & COOKIES POLICIES | Story Barrio
This policy is for visitors and subscribers of Story Barrio’s website (storybarrio.com) and the corresponding Facebook (www.facebook.com/storybarrio) and Twitter profiles (www.twitter.com/storybarrio) and it is based on the GDPR legislation which becomes effective after May 25, 2018.
Story Barrio is run by Milada Krajewska and Beata Palińska (we, us, our) and we collect and use some personal data (name, surname, email address) in order to communicate with the visitors, users and subscribers of our website and the accompanying Facebook & Twitter profiles. This policy sets out how we do this and applies to anyone who uses Story Barrio, whether by visiting the website and social media profiles, reading our email newsletters and using our commercial products and services. Please read it carefully.
Who do we collect information from?
We collect information from the visitors and subscribers of Story Barrio who sign up for our email newsletter, distributed via Mailchimp.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the following personal data about you when you subscribe to our newsletter via Mailchimp opt-in forms:
- Email address
We may also obtain other personal information that you choose to share with us in an email sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some technical information about how you use Story Barrio and how you access our newsletter is also collected, for example, your IP address.
When collecting your data, we will act as the data controller. This means that we decide how and why we use your data and we are legally responsible for the use of your data.
We will only collect the minimum data necessary to run and manage Story Barrio and share our teaching ideas and commercial offers with you.
How do we use your information?
We will only use your personal information where we have a legal basis for doing so as set out in the data protection legislation – GDPR, to do the following:
– send you links to articles and posts with teaching ideas;
– share commercial updates and offers with you;
– respond to any questions, requests or complaints we receive from you;
– communicate with you about Story Barrio if we need to.
We will also use your personal data where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests to:
– investigate potential illegal activities on our sites and profiles (as it is in our interests to ensure Story Barrio’s content is used legally); and
– analyse use of Story Barrio and improve its content by resolving any technical issues (as it is in our interests to make sure we are providing the best possible content, products and services).
You have a legal right to object to our processing of your personal data. If you raise an objection we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which enables us to continue to process your personal information for these purposes.
We won’t use your information for any purposes except those above without letting you know and getting your permission if necessary.
Who do we share your information with?
We don’t sell your information.
We don’t share your information except with third party service providers, such as hosting providers or an email service Mailchimp, so that they can provide services to us. We maintain a list of these third party service providers if we have a legal obligation to disclose the information (for example, if a court orders us to).
All personal information collected from subscribers through Story Barrio is stored on Mailchimp, which safeguards your personal data appropriately.
We have strict security measures in place to try to protect your information and make sure that it is not lost, damaged or accessed by anyone who should not see it.
In the unlikely event of an unauthorised disclosure of your data, we will notify you by email and act in accordance with our legal requirements to resolve such disclosure and prevent any future unauthorised disclosure.
- You can ask us (by email sent to email@example.com) for a copy of your personal data and other information we hold about you as the data controller and we will try and send this to you as soon as possible. You also have a right to ask us to send you your personal data that you have specifically provided to us in a common electronic format.
- You can also ask us to correct any personal data we hold about you that is inaccurate.
- You can request that we erase your personal data at any time.
- You can also ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data (which means that we will only store your personal data and not do anything further with it.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We don’t keep your information for longer than we need to for the purposes listed in this policy.
We will only keep your information for as long as you subscribe to our newsletter and you can ask us to delete your subscription data at any time.
You can block cookies through your browser settings.
Most cookies used expire when you close your browser, but some are stored for longer than this.
Changes to this policy
From time to time we may need to change this policy. We will not reduce your rights under this policy, use your data for purposes not covered by it, or lessen the security of your data without your consent. We will post any changes within the policy, so you should check the policy regularly for any changes. If the changes are significant we will provide a more prominent notice on the website and will provide you with advance notice of the changes by email.
Should you have any questions relating to this policy, please contact us at email@example.com or alternatively in writing at Koszteli ½, 05-110 Jabłonna, Poland.
Effective date: 23 May 2018